Looking for a delicious and healthy dessert? Look no further than baked yoghurt cheesecake! This dessert is made with low-fat yoghurts and cream cheese, so it’s perfect for those who are trying to watch their waistlines. Plus, it’s easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients. So what are you waiting for? Try this recipe today
Tips For Making Baked Yogurt Cheesecake:
1. Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before beginning the recipe. This will help them mix together more easily.
2. Grease and flour your baking pan before adding the crust mixture. This will help prevent the cheesecake from sticking to the pan and make it easier to remove after baking.
3. When adding the eggs to the cream cheese mixture, add them one at a time and beat well after each addition. This will help ensure that they are fully incorporated into the mixture.
4. Be sure to use plain yoghurt in this recipe. Flavoured yoghurt will alter the taste of the cheesecake.
5. Let the cheesecake cool completely before cutting into it. This will help it hold together better and allow the flavours to develop.
How To Make Baked Yoghourt Cheesecake:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup plain yoghourt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
3. In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in yoghurt. Pour over the crust.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Cool before serving.
Health Benefits Of Baked Yoghourt Cheesecake:
1. Lower in Fat and Calories: Baked yoghurt cheesecake is lower in fat and calories than traditional cheesecake because it is made with yoghurt instead of cream cheese.
2. Good Source of Protein and Calcium
The yoghurt used in this recipe provides a good source of protein and calcium.
3. Perfect for Any Occasion
This dessert is perfect for any occasion, whether you are looking for a lighter option for a summer BBQ or a holiday party.
4. Delicious and Healthy
This dessert is not only delicious, but it is also a healthier option for those looking for a sweeter treat.
Disadvantages Of Baked Yoghourt Cheesecake:
1. Takes Longer to Make: One disadvantage of baked yoghurt cheesecake is that it takes longer to make than traditional cheesecake.
2. May Not Be as Rich and Creamy: Another downside of this dessert is that it may not be as rich and creamy as traditional cheesecake. However, this can be remedied by adding more yoghurt or cream cheese to the recipe.
3. Not Suitable for Vegans: This recipe is not suitable for vegans as it contains eggs and dairy.
4. Requires Special Equipment: You will need a 9×13 inch baking pan to make this recipe.
Whether you are looking for a healthier dessert option or a delicious treat for any occasion, baked yoghurt cheesecake is a great choice. This recipe is lower in fat and calories than traditional cheesecake, and it provides a good source of protein and calcium. In addition, it is perfect for any occasion and can be easily made ahead of time. So, next time you are in the mood for something sweet, give this recipe a try!